Dr. Homero Castaneda
Materials Science and Engineering
Dr. Castaneda-Lopez received his Ph.D. in materials science and engineering from Penn State University. He is the director of the National Corrosion and Reliability Center of Texas A&M.
- Ph.D. Materials Science and Eng., Penn State University, University Park, PA (1997-2001)
- M.S. Materials Science (Honors), National Autonomous University of Mexico, UNAM (1995-1997 )
- B.S. Chemical Metallurgical Engineering (Honors), National Autonomous University of Mexico, UNAM (1990-1994)
- Protective Coatings
- Corrosion Mechanisms
A.I. Karayan, M.W. Vaughan, B. Mansoor, I Karaman, R. Eifler , H.J. Maier, H. Castaneda, Effects of Grain Size Refinement and Dynamic Precipitation on Corrosion Resistance and Mechanical Properties of a New Magnesium Alloy, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 2017
J.I. Barraza-Fierro, S.A. Serna-Barquera, B.F. Campillo-Illanes, H. Castaneda, EIS behavior of experimental high strength steel in near neutral pH and load conditions, Metallurgical Transactions, 2017
J.I. Barraza-Fierro, Tse-Ming-Chiu, and Homero Castaneda, Electrochemical performance of LiMnPO4 electrodes evaluated by coverage model, Electrochimica Acta, 2017
J.I. Barraza-Fierro, M.A. Espinosa-Medina, Homero Castaneda Microstructure and oxidation behavior of Fe-40 at.% Al with Li and Cu added, Corrosion Science and Technology, December 2016.
Seongkoo Cho, Tse-Ming Chiu, and Homero Castaneda, Electrochemical Behavior for Zn-rich Epoxy Coated System as a Diode-like Material, Electrochemical Communications, January 2017.
Hanna Hlushko; Raman Hlushko, Yenny Cubides, Svetlana; Castaneda, Homero Synthetic Polymeric Antioxidants for Corrosion Protection, Corrosion Science, 2017
M. Galicia, Marisela Aguirre, B. Galicia and H. Castaneda Interfacial and Corrosion Characterization of Zinc Rich-Epoxy Primers with carbon nanotubes exposed to Marine Conditions, Corrosion Science, 2017.
- 2011- CONACYT- RCEA reviewer and SENER-CONACyT reviewer
- 2011- 2013 Who is Who in America (electrochemistry, corrosion and energy), Editions
- 2014-2017 National Research Council in Mexico, SNI Level II
- 2007-2013 National Research Council in Mexico, SNI Level I
- 1996-1997 Research Award, 1996 by the National University Autonomous of Mexico Foundation
- 1997 Graduate studies award (Antonio Caso) for best student in Posgraduate studies
- 1997 Honorable mention for academic achievement – graduate studies from the National Autonomous University of Mexico
- 1997-2000 Fellowship from the National University of Mexico DGAPA.
- 1994 Honorable mention for academic achievement – undergraduate studies from the National Autonomous University of Mexico