Chin-Hua (Jim) Cheng currently is a Ph.D candidate in the Materials Science and Engineering Department at Texas A&M University and works as a research assistant with Prof. Case. He has 6 years of practical experience of materials syntheses and characteristic in terms of structural, electrical, and mechanical properties. His professional background is rooted in Materials Science, Electrochemistry, and Corrosion Engineering, specializing in Aluminum anodization, fabricating one-dimensional nanostructures, and investigating localized corrosion behavior of carbon steel in supercritical environment.
- Ph.D, Materials Science and Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, USA, to present
- M.S., Materials Science and Engineering, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, 2011
- B.S., Materials Science and Engineering, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, 2009
- Localized corrosion in saturated-CO2 supercritical environment with/without sour gas introduction
- Electrochemistry syntheses and characteristics
- Nanomaterial syntheses
- Energy materials
- Template materials
- C.C. Chen, C.H. Cheng, and C.K. Lin, “Template Assisted Fabrication of TiO2/WO3 Nanotubes”, Ceramics International 39 (2013) 6631-6636. (Rank factor: 3/25, Subject Categories: Materials Science, Coatings & Films)
- C.C. Chen, C.H. Cheng, G. Tang, T. Lin, and C.K. Lin, “Template Assisted Fabrication of TiO2 and BaTiO3 Nanotubes”, Applied Mechanics and Materials 271-272 (2013) 107-111.
- C.K. Lin, S.C. Tseng, C.H. Cheng, C.Y. Chen, and C.C. Chen, “Electrochromic Performance of Hybrid Tungsten Oxide Films with Multiwalled-CNT Additions”, Thin Solid Films 520 (2011) 1375-1378.
- C.H. Cheng, C.Y. Tsay, C.Y. Chen, H.B. Lin, C.Y. Su, H.M. Lin, and C.K. Lin, “Tungsten Oxide/Titanium Oxide Sol-Gel Film for Gas Sensing Applications”, The Chinese Journal of Process Engineering 9 Suppl.  (2009) 35-38.
- C.Y. Chen, T.C. Chien, K.H. Chang, C.Y. Chiang, C.H. Cheng, and C.K. Lin, “Supercapcitive Properties of Nickel/Manganese Oxide Powder Prepared by Spray Pyrolysis”, the Chinese Journal of Process Engineering 9 Suppl.  (2009) 56-60.
Awards & Honors
- Industrial security, Army Air Base Service Shop, Taiwan, 2012 – First prize of the oral presentation
- Advanced Energy Material in Annual Conference of Material Research Society Taiwan, 2008 – Third prize
- MSEN Fellowship, 2015
- Yun-Kang Ying Memorial Scholarship, 2011