Jing is a postdoctoral research associate under the supervision of Professor Case. She holds a doctoral degree in Chemical Engineering from The Institute for Corrosion & Multiphase Technology at Ohio University. She has a diverse background including corrosion engineering, materials science, metallurgy, multiphase flow, chemical engineering, and polymer. Jing has 7-year experience in oil & gas industry dealing with carbon steel H2S/CO2 corrosion, corrosion modeling, corrosion inhibition, materials selection, electrochemistry, thermodynamics, and fluid dynamics.
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Ohio University, Ohio, USA, 2016
M.S., Chemical Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 2007
- H2S localized corrosion
- H2S/CO2 corrosion of carbon steel
- Sulfide stress cracking
- Corrosion scale/water chemistry thermodynamic prediction
- Corrosion inhibition
Awards & Honors
- Panelist and Invited Speaker at “Workshop on Sour Gas Corrosion”, NACE, 2015
- Top 20 Most Searched & Viewed Articles in Corrosion Journal
- 2nd Place at Student Poster Session in Mars Fontana Category for Field of Corrosion Engineering, NACE, 2015
- Recipient of NACE Graduate Student Book Award, NACE, 2014
- Recipient of “Job Well Done!” Trophy, ConocoPhillips, 2013
- 2nd Place Prize at Ohio University Student Expo, 2014
- Ning, Y. Zheng, D. Young, B. Brown, S. Nešić, “The Role of Iron Sulfide Polymorphism in Localized H2S Corrosion of Mild Steel,” Corrosion 73, 2, pp. 155-168, 2017.
- Zheng, J. Ning, D. Young, B. Brown, S. Nešić, “Investigation of Cathodic Reaction Mechanisms of H2S Corrosion Using a Passive SS304 Rotating Cylinder Electrode,” Corrosion 72, 12, pp. 1519-1525, 2016.
- Zheng, J. Ning, B. Brown, S. Nešić, “Advancement in Predictive Modeling of Mild Steel Corrosion in CO₂ and H₂S Containing Environments,” Corrosion 72, 5, pp. 679-691, 2016.
- Ning, Y. Zheng, D. Young, B. Brown, S. Nešić, “A Thermodynamic Model for the Prediction of Mild Steel Corrosion Products in an Aqueous Hydrogen Sulfide Environment,” Corrosion 71, 8 pp. 945-960, 2015.
- Ning, Y. Zheng, D. Young, B. Brown, S. Nešić, “A Thermodynamic Study of Hydrogen Sulfide Corrosion of Mild Steel,” Corrosion 70, 4, pp. 375-389, 2014.
- Zheng, J. Ning, B. Brown, S. Nešić, “Electrochemical Model of Mild Steel Corrosion in a Mixed H2S/CO2 Aqueous Environment”, Corrosion 71, 3, pp. 316-325, 2015.
- Ning, Z. Huang, Y. Bao, Z. Weng, “Study on Kinetics of Vinyl Acetate/VeoVa 10 Emulsion Copolymerization,” Chemical Production and Technology 14, 4, pp.17-20, 2007
- Liu, J. Liu, J. Liu, H. Yu, J. Ning, L. Fang, “Effect of Adding Mg and Ce in CO2 Reforming of CH4 to Syngas Over Ni/Nano-Al2O3 Catalysts,” Applied Chemical Industry, no.4, 2006